I think my husband thinks I talk too much. I think it gets a little lonely being home so much. I reach out excessively on Facebook, but I think sometimes I have more to say than can be said in 420 words.
I have considered blogging before. For a very long time, actually. I'm afraid I always considered it somewhat narcissistic, so I've been in avoidance... is that a step in the grieving process? Avoidance and acceptance? hmmm...
Women tend to talk a lot. I know. Even the quiet ones talk... and talk and talk... So that is my excuse-- that I'm a woman. Even Pandora needed a box to put all of her words.
My bestie, L, and I, as we were going through our divorces, would send letters "out into the world". It would be a letter of frustration, sorrow, anger, and spite, with all of the things we wish we could say, but don't. It was put in an envelope, stamped, and put in the mailbox. No address anywhere on it. Just sent. The words were there, in the great unknown. It was extremely therapeutic to get the words out.
But now I am happy. There is joy in my life, daily! And still, I have so much to say! So much to share that is happy and sad. Life is what it is. So my words will be out there in the world, with a stamp on them, with no address...
P.S. The date today is REALLY COOL.
Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm so excited to follow you. I must say I really enjoy Facebook (and in particular your contributions to Facebook), but I find blogging more rewarding. Or rewarding in a different way. See? Here's me, talking too much. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, that Networked Blogs thing didn't work too well for me, so just in case you need it, here's the url for my public feed page, which sends out a handy RSS feed: thecantareros.blogspot.com
And here's the url for the actual (private) blog, which the public feed page links to: litterofleaves.blogspot.com.
But I think you knew all that already. It must be past my bedtime... But I'm adding you to my blogroll before I lay me down to sleep. Happy Blogging!
How fun. I'm excited to read your blog. I have a blog but it's a private one, so I will have to send you an invite if you are interested. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI am excited to read yours Sonia! You will notice that mine has NO indication of who we are. There is reason for that. Public, yet private. haha.
ReplyDeleteHey Tyner- I'm your first follower, so make it good. LOL! Anyway, welcome to the Blog World.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Looking forward to reading your words and hearing your unique perspective.
ReplyDeleteHeather, the thought of someone being "excited" to follow me is perplexing... I always thought I was pretty mundane.
ReplyDeleteKelli, No pressure, eh? haha!
Ardith, Thank you! We'll see how it goes! Already, I think my attitude has changed regarding Facebook. I think I prefer deeper thinking, however, I enjoy the fun "conversations" you can have on FB!