
Eleven years since I saw your face.
Eleven years since I said "goodbye."
Eleven years of not being the same,
Since the moment I learned you were mine.
I never felt your breath on my skin.
I never felt your warmth on my chest.
I never felt the way a first mom feels,
The joy and elation, disturbing rest.
But I did feel you grow.
And I did feel you move.
And I did know your name,
Learning everything that was you.
All you were was everything to me.
All you were was my girl.
All you were was a moment in time,
You are still a part of my world.
I can only hope for forever.
I can only pray to be your mom again.
I can only be the best I can be,
So that I might be with you in Heaven.
May I be tried and tested and be found worthy.
I will always be yours, and you will always be mine.
That is beautiful. You are an excellent writer.
ReplyDeleteSandy
In tears. I love you, my dear friend. She is so lucky to be your angel.
ReplyDelete