Did you know it's easier to run with a baby than it is to blog with a baby? She loves typing too! I woke up without my workout clothes ready. I woke up without motivation. And then I thought about it... If I didn't run today, I would become THAT person. The one that quits after Week 5 Day 3 because they could "run far enough". I decided, after 2 hours of hemming and hawing, that I was not going to be that person! Plus, KNBO'R had just gotten back from her 5.3 run, not stopping for even a breath!
Peach and I set out, and I had visualized the distance of my run. It ended sooner than I thought it would, distance-wise, because I had re-adjusted my warm up area. The second run, the long (8 minute) run I plotted out a mile's length, and nearly made it before the notice to walk. In fact, I have made it a point to NEVER look at the clock because I can make any excuse to stop. Today, during the second, long run, I looked at the clock and had 13 seconds left! EASY. I walked the walk period, and before I knew it, it was time to run again. I was not in the mood, but my calves hurt, so I knew I had to get moving! I ran and ran and ran, tired, but kept going knowing I must be near the end. Along the final run, a friend drove by, and I knew I had to keep running while I was in their sights (haha). The point they drove by, the "one minute left" prompt came. I knew I had to do it, all the way! I ran with all of my might, checked the clock again, and :03, :02, :01... Cool down! I did it!
This week the runs are designed to have you running longer than 30 minutes. I didn't notice that as a difference, but I noticed that this wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be! I thought, after running 20 minutes, that it'd be a piece of cake. But I realized, mentally, I have a hard time restarting when my running has set breaks, or even when it doesn't!
I'm excited to see how this week will go. After this run, I felt over the moon. I was so pumped, especially when I realized how far I've come in less than 2 months! Amazing! Truly!
Where does the title of my blog come from, you might wonder? All this time I've wondered how Peach felt about being hauled around on my runs... She's never cried or complained, and often she falls asleep. Today I pulled the canopy on the jogging stroller back, and she reached her hand out, fingers outstretched, feeling the wind in her fingers, as I ran. I peeked around the side the best I could, and saw she was smiling, her sample of blonde hair blowing in the wind. She was so happy. She was my motivation today, to keep running. She loves it!
So awesome. I liked your last post as well. Kids are wonderful. I am so grateful to be a mother.
ReplyDelete