stat counter

Friday, September 2, 2011

Racking Up the Miles -- 4.1 of Bridge to 10K

It is HARD recovering from an injury. I have had a hard time getting my "groove" back, and finding my pace, and then maintaining it. I have felt remarkably (miraculously) well, and have enjoyed running again!

Upon entering the park, I decided I would run the other direction. It completely messed with my head. This makes me absolutely certain of two things: 1) I should probably change my route more often, and 2) I am never changing my route again. I suppose that means I will try it now and then, when I need some changes.

It was really a non-eventful run. No sprinklers to avoid, most dogs were on their leashes, etc etc. I have found that the park maintenance fellas have come to recognize me. They wave and say hello now when they didn't before. I could pick them out of a crowd. I suppose that's a good thing. It means I'm out a lot!

On my return run I started thinking of the changes of my body. This is really hard for me to talk about. I feel like I wasted my "beautiful" years (no, not searching for compliments, just expressing feelings) doing random nonsense. My eyes aren't as big and beautiful as they used to be, and bags have made permanent residence... My skin is more tired and less fresh. My hair is scraggly and has more greys than I can count (this is new). I feel... old. I want to talk to my mom about what is going on with my body because frankly, I've never gone through this sort of aging before. I seem to hold onto illness longer than I used to. My metabolism is a pathetic mess. I used to be athletic. I used to look like happiness. I am just getting old I think.

Which made me wonder if I was trying to re-find my youth through running. I'm not sure if I am, but I do want to have energy, and spunk, and look like happiness. We'll see where it takes me.

I was feeling pretty pathetic about the distance of today's run, regardless of coming out of a hip injury. So I decided to add up my approximations (I only just hooked up GPS) of my runs thus far. I will be adding my amounts to my month end reports!

I decided I would run "to Disneyland" and also "to Disneyworld". I know, I'm so flexible and great at multi-tasking. I want to see how long it would take me to get there, and who knows, maybe I'll reward myself with something grand when I reach my goals. Considering it's a great distance off, I have time to think of it.

The best thing about adding up my miles and seeing them on a map? Being amazed at how very very far I've run, already!

And many more........

P.S. My month end, tomorrow, will have the stats for how many miles per month, through August.

No comments:

Post a Comment