Today I was presented with a lovely surprise. It was Auntie Outings day where my sister, ES, takes my kids for the morning, and they do whatever they feel. Usually breakfast, sometimes video games. Sometimes shopping. ES asked me if I would go too. This of course would mean giving up "me" time, but I confess I've always been curious about what the heck they do while they're out. Lambie was pretty upset to learn I was going, and told me I was grounded from being her mom. Except I could give her hugs. I just couldn't tell her what to do. That was Auntie's job. Fine by me.
After a lovely breakfast, ES took me to a surprise shop. I thought she needed to pick up a running item for herself, since she has taken up running as well. You can imagine my surprise when she told me to pick out some shoes. :) The salesperson was very helpful, and we found a pair of Nike Pegasus that were perfect for me. They are a little too raspberry pink for my tastes, but I don't care. I have running shoes! Real-live running shoes! I put them on and ran around the store. I was so excited. I had already run that day (the 6.06 mile day), so I would have to wait until Monday.
When I was a kid, I would always think new shoes made you run faster and jump higher. I would go around my home running and jumping. My poor mother. And siblings. I was so excited when Monday came and I could run in them. I ran and ran and ran. I paid attention to my ankles, ooooh'd over how straight my feet lined up with each step, how my pinky toes didn't fall asleep any more when I ran... wonderful wonderful wonderful. I would like to thank my sponsor.
I did notice my bum hurting more. Oh well. I could always use a little more definition there. And then the backs of my thighs. Again, oh well. And then my calves.... This is all good for me. I am going to be a better, stronger runner. I love that my feet are nestled in the shoes. I love that my running was not so labored. Hard still, yes, but I wasn't fighting with my feet and legs so much. So thankful...
4.77 miles. I am a happy runner.
No comments:
Post a Comment