I learned that this Peter Pan was the most believable of all of the characters I met. And gratefully, he didn't seem to care that an adult was there for pics and autographs too. I think many forget that they might be an adult's favorite character, and they have the ability to make someone's day. I learned that breakfast at the place over by the steamboat is obviously not memorable. haha. The food was fine, the prices were average. The best part was, while I was expressing that people shouldn't feed the ducks pancakes, The Captain said, "If ducks had opposable thumbs, they'd make pancakes themselves." You can't argue with that.
I learned that lines are longer (LONGER) when there is only one day of guaranteed sun.
I learned that the line to Pixie Hollow has hidden fairies.
I learned if Tinkerbell leaves for an emergency, people leave the ridiculously long line, and it's still *almost* worth it to meet Iridessa. Even if your kids really don't know who she is. haha.I learned I should fix Lambie's hair before she poses for the PhotoPass photographer.
I learned that Disneyland Security will, without pause, escort two twentysomething ladies wearing the hootchie Halloween costume versions of Disney Princess costumes, out of Disneyland, kindly explaining that it confuses children, and does not represent Disney in they way Disney would like to be portrayed.
I learned that The Captain has amazing friends who will go to great lengths to spend the day with him. It meant the world to The Captain, to feel worth so much. And me.I learned that Carnation Cafe is AWESOME. The steak something something grilled yumminess is the most popular for good reason. I learned that our delightful waitress has been there for 17 years, after working "for a summer" during college, and loving her job so much. I learned that there is a low traffic restroom to the left of Carnation Cafe. I learned that their prices are typical for Disney, but the food is awesome.
I learned I needed to "Make way for the Queen!" I wish I had followed for her nastiness's autograph...
I learned Cast Members are gracious pin traders, with kids, knowing that kids don't have a clue what value something is, but trading for fun. What a thrill!
I learned that Aurora was very interested in Lambie's loose tooth.
I learned from RR, that this is a great angle for a photo! Too bad Bear is... well, doing what Bear does in pictures....
I learned that Miranda would make a great Snow White! I hope she gets the part, and isn't deemed "too tall".
I learned I need to pay more attention, since I've never seen this before, and it's been around since 1961.... Oh, and it sings...
...and the well sings back!
I learned that there are no right angles in ToonTown. And that it's still Bear's favorite place, five years later.
I learned that a rotating clothesline can captivate me for a long time, watching for a flaw in the artificial inflation of clothing. There is no flaw. Disney Imagineers are genius.
I learned that, although my photo doesn't reflect its coziness, the Baby Center is a marvelous home away from home. And the ladies working there are like grandma Mary Poppins'.
I learned that this disclaimer is all over California, but Disney makes it much more enjoyable, with varying fonts, complimenting the area of the park.
I learned that Peach is terrified of the sound this door makes. I learned that Bear no longer is.
I learned that there are enormous acorns at Chip N Dale's treehouse!
I learned that I have a chivalrous young son.
I learned that even if it's a weird picture, I love every photo I have of my sweetheart and I. There aren't too many of them.
I learned that it might be the coolest thing in the world to get a whole bunch of chips melded into one super-chip.
I learned that Tortilla Jo's charges tax on their gratuity when you have the mandatory 18%, for a large group. I also learned that an accountant with a crayon and menu is more accurate than some chick with a calculator on her iPhone.
I learned that 16 people, 9-10 of which are children, can make the 18% mandatory gratuity worth it.
I learned that my cousin DS, is still one of the greatest guys I've ever known, and that his wife and children are a treasure. I learned how awesome it felt to have someone make a great effort to come see you. And we were reminded of great friendship, as MR and family, joined us for dinner as well, not knowing my cousin's family beforehand.
I learned that there's no good reason to not have a Mickey shaped pretzel.
...And that a half of a Mickey shaped pretzel is perfect for celebrating a half birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment