I learned, even if it was frustrating, with all of the rain... I wanted to go back.
I learned that the Disney tooth fairy gives out ridiculously large suckers in order to try to make more teeth fall out.
I learned that I can't seem to photograph the Hollywood sign, since traffic was *gasp* moving at this moment. Yay for Google!
I learned to be thankful when gas is "only" $3.75. I learned that I didn't take any pictures of BA or his lovely daughter. I learned that The Captain has great friends, who really get him. I learned that Five Guys is pretty awesome. I learned that for the first time in my life, I'm craving french fries that aren't beer battered.
I learned that Bear prefers shopping, and some rides. I learned that Lambie is still the thrill-seeker she was as an infant, BUT Disneyland is a great outlet for that.
I learned that Disney PhotoPass is borderline worth it. As a professional photographer, I can say the images are...fine. I learned it's nice to have "nice" pictures of you. It's nice to have photos of all of you, that you didn't have to find some bloke to take for you. It's nice insurance in case you lose your camera. However... that does not mean they won't frame badly, chop off your feet, click another in case you blinked, etc. If you have 45 pictures, that does not mean that all of them are usable. If you go with a group, try to get it on the same account, from the get go, to maximize your dollar.
I learned that Peach is really, quite remarkable and easy going. I learned that traveling with an infant is HARD. Driving with an infant is worse. I learned that hydroplaning on California freeways is scary. I learned to be thankful for safety. I learned to be thankful for the one hour of dry driving we had, between Vacaville and Redding.
I learned that even if he's teasing me (by sitting sideways because I wanted to have a conversation), The Captain is my favorite travel partner.
No comments:
Post a Comment