One of the biggest questions I'm asked, as I've been working out, is "have you noticed any changes?". Initially I think, nooooo......... I still wear the same size. As far as I know I have gained a pound. I'm really just trucking along.
But then I think of what really has changed. I can run. A few weeks ago, I didn't think I could even run any distance, and now look at me! I have fallen into a comfortable level with working out. It's still not desirable, BUT it's becoming natural to me, a regular part of my day. My clothes fit... different. Different better. Somehow I fit into things better. I haven't lost any inches, except in my upper arms (that's fine! I'll take it!), but apparently the redistribution has helped me morph into a stronger shape of a person. I FEEL like a stronger shape of a person. I don't feel like a postpartum blob of nasty. I feel almost pre-baby, although I still retain some poundage.
Emotionally there have been changes too. My friend JP was telling me about therapy that is done for autistic children, helping their physical coordination. She said if they can make the connections for physical coordination, their minds can make connections better, as well. I have found that as I have made these goals, breaking them down into smaller and smaller goals, even so small as running to a tan garbage can I see far off, my personal life has become a goal achieving, organized life.
I have felt like I can DO things. Doing the Couch to 5K, increasing my running, and actually really really doing it, I have felt more capable! I don't have the "I can do anything" attitude yet. But I do feel like I can do more than I realize.
The endorphins are great. They help me clear my mind, and really see life for how it is. It's easier to let things go, because I'm not so wound up.
I'm eating healthier. It's not necessarily a conscious effort, but I like the energy my body has, and the way even my skin feels, when I eat healthier.
And I sleep better. Oh, so much better. Even if I wake up with my babe (A LOT), the sleep in between is richer, deeper. And I wake up without an alarm...happy. That could be considered a miracle!
All in all, there have been changes. Not in my size, but in my demeanor. And I needed that healing. If I didn't have that, how could I carry on with this?
Today was the 100 Workout day. I started it while Peach was taking her morning nap. She woke up, cruised furniture over to The Captain's laptop, and immediately started rocking out to the Gaga that was playing. I laughed at my little DJ Jazzy Peach.
It all went very well. I even did 12 pushups instead of 10, and added some triceps with The Captain's five pound weight. I suppose this workout I will continue adding to, maintaining the level of difficulty.
I forgot one more change... I lifted my leg the other day and something bulged out of my left thigh! It was a little alarming at first, until I realized (quickly)it was muscle! I was flexing my muscles! Granted I'm not Hulking out... But I'm getting stronger!
That's awesome. I'm so happy that you are seeing results - even if they aren't all physical. I know I feel better about myself when I "do hard things". Thank you for inspiring me and continuing on, even when it gets hard.
ReplyDelete