stat counter

Friday, May 6, 2011

You Want a Hershey Bar? or Workout 5 of 24 for May

My mother confirmed today that if I do not blog my workout, it didn't happen. So, she is siding with KNBO'R. I am really just afraid of boring you. I do more than workout, and I'd rather blog about my introspection or children. But here it is...

Today was 100 Workout day. It was my day off from running, and I actually WANTED to run instead of the 100 Workout. I started my day by going to a Mother's Day Tea at Lambie's Kindergarten class. It was very cute. I was wearing slacks, a nice top, makeup, my hair was done, I smelled pretty... I did not, DID NOT, want to get into my workout clothes, sweat, drip, ooze makeup, and have to shower AGAIN. So I stalled and stalled, and made lemon squares, and cleaned, and stalled.

After Bear came home I still stalled. When The Captain called to say he was coming home, I got my bum in gear. I was not going to let him watch me work out until I was at least a size 8. haha. I ran upstairs and donned the equipment. I put Pandora on, almost more for Peach to have something to dance to, than me to be distracted with.

Speaking of being distracted... Mother's Day is around the corner, and every year, it makes my children giddy. Silly giddy. They do silly things "for" me, because they love me. Today, Bear came home with goody bags full of candy from the bus driver, as it was her last day. (She's awesome.)

So, Bear, who is extra lovey... as I was about at 65 of my 90 crunches, mouth slightly agape, so I could breathe, shoves a Hershey bar in my mouth. I couldn't breathe! I had to try to politely, graciously inhale the chocolate bar, so that he did not feel his generosity was being thwarted.

I almost died.

Death by chocolate.

Okay, not really. But "difficulty breathing mid-workout by chocolate" sounds much less dramatic, or appealing.

The rest of the workout went on without a hitch. And my timer for the 10 minute run went off, exactly at the time The Captain approached the door.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I need to learn from you about motivation and will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death by chocolate's a great way to go! I'm glad you're writing about this, Melissa. You're pretty friggin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete