stat counter

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Corn on the Cob or Workout 18 of 24

...Raul peeled back his green shirt to reveal his muscular chest that resembled a delicious ear of corn on the cob...

When I was little I did not understand the appeal of abs. I thought it looked like corn, and corn did not belong on a body! However... I grew up.

Back in early '94, at my most fit, I had what is lovingly termed a "six pack". It was pretty cool, but like always, I didn't realize that I was so very fit. hmmm... Reminds me of that quote "I wish I was the size I used to be when I thought I was fat". Regardless, that time has passed. Is the new me going to have a six pack? I don't know. We have not reached that point yet. But.....

Some muscle definition is happening! Actually, it's happening all over my body! My bum, my legs, my arms, and yes, even just under my ribs. Miracle of miracles! I'm only measuring slightly smaller, and I weigh more, but I'm changing! It's not quite as drastic as Jacob, in Eclipse, or the Hulk... but it's happening!

Today The Captain and I even compared abs. haha. He was saying after the last week of tennis, he was starting to see some definition, and it's true! It's there! So I showed him my pretend definition.

Do you know what's awesome about that? It wasn't there 4 weeks ago, or even THREE weeks ago. I'm excited to find out where else this path is taking me, even if it's hard. I think the best results come from the most difficult paths, and the poorest results come from the easiest.

Today I did the 100 Workout with Lambie. I have been uncertain about this workout because I'm not sore afterward like I used to be. But I thought of something today... I still can't do 100 jumping jacks without pausing at some point, or do 90 crunches without wincing, etc. It's still hard. It's still a workout. So I'll still do it. If it ever gets easy, I'll switch.

Lambie didn't like the workout at all today. She would stop after just a little while, and declare that she won because she was done first. By the end, as I was doing 10 pushups, she laid flat on her face, bored. I told her she did a great job, and I loved that she was my workout partner, and she hopped up, beaming, thanking me for being a great mom. What a perfect ending.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great mom. That's so fun that she tries to do it with you. What a great example you are being for your kids.

    ReplyDelete