I have four rules when it comes to running. I saw a poster that said, "If you haven't puked(what a nasty word), fainted, or died, keep going." Plus, I have a friend, CB, who broke her leg running. So I have developed four rules with my running. If I throw up, faint, break anything, or die, I stop. Today was run 3 for week two. It is the final run of week 2. The first two runs were okay. Not awesome, but okay. The third was a little tougher, and a person backing out of their driveway almost hit me. ARGH! It's amazing how many things you can imagine are headed right for you, when you almost get hit by a car. Scary business.
Between runs three and four, wanting to go home, but I was halfway done anyway, I reminded myself that I hadn't thrown up, fainted, broken anything, or died.... I would keep going. So I did.
I got about 20 seconds away from the end of run four, and it started. Stars. I was seeing stars. It didn't take me long to recognize the fact that if I fainted, I would land on concrete. Peach would be sitting there wondering what's up. I can't afford an ambulance, which would surely come. I slowed to a walk, and decided I would walk through run number five, and decided that was realistic.
Halfway through run five, I was much better, so I began running again.
Run six was awesome, and I felt good about myself.
That being said, I do not feel ready for next week's increase, so tomorrow I am going to run 2.3 again, hoping to leave week 2 in the past, confident with heading into week 3 of Couch to 5K.
I'm glad you listened to your body. That could have been messy. :)
ReplyDelete